YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO THE ENTIRE TEAM AT STORM THE CAVE
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Storm The Cave collects, and the ways in which Storm The Cave uses that personal information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Storm The Cave, a trading name of Future State Media Ltd incorporated and registered in England and Wales with the company number 10705771 whose registered office is at 7 Hever Close, Northampton, NN5 4WN, United Kingdom (Storm The Cave).
Please read the following carefully to understand Storm The Cave’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
By visiting www.stormthecave.com (Website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION STORM THE CAVE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Storm The Cave may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Storm The Cave. You may give Storm The Cave information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with Storm The Cave by phone, including during telemarketing activities, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Website including creating a profile, enter a competition, promotion or survey or by posting material to the Website, requesting further services and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give Storm The Cave may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information Storm The Cave collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, Storm The Cave may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products, suppliers, profiles and capabilities you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information Storm The Cave receives from other sources. Storm The Cave may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Storm The Cave operates or the other services Storm The Cave provide. Storm The Cave may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Storm The Cave uses the information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give Storm The Cave. Storm The Cave will use this information:
- to carry out its obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Storm The Cave and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Storm The Cave;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services Storm The Cave offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with the opportunity to provide feedback to Storm The Cave;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services Storm The Cave feel may interest you. If you are an existing member, Storm The Cave will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new member or visitor to the Website, and where Storm The Cave selected third parties to use your data, Storm The Cave (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Storm The Cave to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please inform Storm The Cave;
- to notify you about changes to Storm The Cave’s service; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information Storm The Cave collects about you. Storm The Cave will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Storm The Cave’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Storm The Cave’s efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Storm The Cave serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information Storm The Cave receives from other sources. Storm The Cave may combine this information with information you give to Storm The Cave and information Storm The Cave collects about you. Storm The Cave may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information Storm The Cave receives).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Storm The Cave may share your personal information with any member of Storm The Cave’s group.
Storm The Cave may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Storm The Cave enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Storm The Cave in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- in the event that Storm The Cave sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Storm The Cave may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Storm The Cave or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members or visitors will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Storm The Cave, its members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE STORM THE CAVE STORES PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Storm The Cave will do its best to protect your personal data, Storm The Cave cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once Storm The Cave has received your information, Storm The Cave will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask Storm The Cave not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Storm The Cave will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if Storm The Cave intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by informing Storm The Cave in writing. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Storm The Cave at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Storm The Cave’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Storm The Cave does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Storm The Cave may provide the option for you to unsubscribe from e-mails you receive from it.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Storm The Cave’s costs in providing you with details of the information Storm The Cave holds about you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy and cookies policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com